Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions

1. What's the cost of studying abroad?

The cost of studying abroad will differ, depending on your country, course, and lifestyle. That being said, the following is the approximate annual tuition fees per the following countries:

USA, Australia, UK, Canada = USD 16,000 per year.
Germany is FREE (in some public Universities).

2. When Can I start applying to study abroad?

Right away! You should start right away, preferably about 9 months in advance to give yourself adequate time for school admission and visa application processes. Also bear in mind that academic year begins at different times of the year in different countries.

3. What's the process of applying to study abroad

You can start by:

  • Doing some research about the Country, University and Course of interest.
  • Then choose course and submit your application.
  • Then accept the admission offer.
  • Lastly, apply for visa and medical (where applicable).
4. Are there any scholarships to help fund my study abroad?

This is a trick question, but yeah you can get partial and sometimes even full scholarships. Depending, of course on the country and University.

5. How long do study abroad courses take?

A bachelor’s degree takes between 3 to 4 years.

A master’s degree takes between 1.5 to 2.5 years

A PhD takes around 3.5 years

6. Can I work while studying abroad?

Yes, most definitely! Most countries allow you to work for a maximum of 20 hours a week when your course is in session.

7. Where will I stay while studying abroad?

There many different options at each University or College. You get accomodation on-campus or off-campus. Almost every University has an international students office to guide you on matters such as this.

8. Ho can I cut costs when studying abroad?

You can apply for scholarships or financial aid. Additionally:

  • Share accomodation and rent with friends.
  • Home cook most of your meals.
  • Find casual/part time jobs.
9. Is IELTS required for me to apply to study abroad?

IELTS or TOEFL are sometimes required by some Universities in some countries but not always. Check with the University or your favourite study abroad agents.

10. Will ny overseas qualification be accepted in my home country?

Good question. Yes, in most cases but, if you’re looking at a career with strict entry requirements like Engineering, Medicine, Law, Accounting then you may need to check with the relevant registration bodies in your home country.

11. Do I need to use an education agent to study abroad?

Whereas you can apply to an institution of higher learning overseas, using the expertise of an agent can be really helpful and time saving. Click here if you feel you need a reliable study abroad agent in Kenya.


4 + 8 =

We’re Open:

M – F:    9.00 am – 5.00pm

Closed: Weekends & Public Holiday


Call: +254 714 010 091